Who doesn’t love going on a holiday? It’s just the perfect time to rest and relax, away from your daily routine. Holidays are even more special if you are going to spend it with your LDR partner because that’s probably the only time you got to meet after spending some time apart. In this article, I am going to share some tips on how to plan an unforgettable holiday with your LDR partner.
This is the first and most important step for me. As much as I like to call myself a planner and love to carefully plan ahead my holidays, I need to remember that this time I will no longer go on a holiday by myself, instead, I will be going with my man. Thus, I need to make sure that he will like the places that I put in our itinerary and definitely can enjoy the things that I am planning for us to do. After all, our holiday will not mean so much if he does not enjoy it as much as I do!
Of course, being the natural planner in the relationship means I have to initiate the planning. But that does not mean I don’t involve my man in the planning. Here are a few things that I like to keep in mind when I plan my holiday together with my man:
- checkFind the best time to go on a holiday and check if both of our schedules match
- checkOnce we have the right schedule, decide on the length of the holiday
- checkDecide budget that we both agree to spend on this holiday
- checkFinally, determine the destination and activities based on our agreed schedule and budget
Discussing those things with my man help me to understand him better. Not only that I get to find out his preferences, I can also discover what he likes when it comes to planning a holiday. In the end, he normally agrees to the plans that I made, but at least he knows that he always gets a say in it!
Save Up Together
For some of us, money won’t be an issue, but if you are like me, then you need to consider the budget for your holiday more carefully. One of the things that we like to do when planning our holiday is to save up together. I understand that this requires a certain commitment and trust between the two of you, but on the other hand managing a set of money together can be a good exercise to strengthen your relationship and deepen your bond.
To establish mutual savings does not mean that we have to open a joint bank account. This can be as simple as getting the two of you to agree on a number of amount that you can spare each month before the time of your holiday. It does not matter if one of you might earn less than the other, the key thing is to discuss everything beforehand. There’s nothing more important than leaving out any discussion about money when you are on the holiday.
In my case, because my man visited my hometown during our last holiday, it only made sense if our money was put together in my account so that I could make some purchases like tickets and booked the hotel. This was made easy with the help of services like Paypal or Transferwise. There might be other services that might suit you better, you just have to browse around to find it.
Have Fun Together
Last but not least, don’t forget to have fun! Enjoy every moment that you two spend together. Your holiday together should be the time for you to get to know each other better. Take the time to do mutual activities that you can’t do when you are apart. This way, you’ll come back from the holiday not only feeling refreshed but also with a deeper connection towards each other.
Here’s a few do’s and don’ts that I always try to keep in mind when I go on a holiday with my man:
Dos and Don’ts
- Do activities that both of you would enjoy. For me, going shopping is irresistible. However, I know that my man hates doing it so I managed to refrain myself from doing so when I am on a holiday with my man. Instead, I chose to do things that we both love.
- Do spare time for rest and relax. You might be exploring a new city together or go on a nature adventure, but I believe it is important for you to spare some time doing nothing and just enjoy being together. I’m sure your partner will appreciate it!
- Don’t set a high expectation. Especially when it is your first holiday together. They say that you have to expect the unexpected during a holiday. So, I believe it is best to set a low expectation to avoid feeling disappointed if things don’t go as planned.
- Don’t forget to document the memories. Don’t just take pictures, but I would suggest you record some videos as well. Vlogging during your holiday can be a good way to savour the memories. This way you can replay your memories over again when you are apart, a life saviour when you miss your partner terribly.
I hope that you find those tips helpful. In addition, you can also read another great article about planning a stress-free vacation with your LDR partner. Have an unforgettable holiday!